More Microsoft Woes

I recently commented on the troubles at Microsoft in a post titled, "Microsoft's Purchase of Yahoo - An Effort to Remain Relevant". Recent news seems to have confirmed my suspicions about Microsoft's motivation for its move to acquire Yahoo. I just ran across an article in the New York Times titled "They Criticized Vista. And They Should Know." The article details a pending class action lawsuit Microsoft must answer to for the failure that was the Windows Vista release.

I'm not a fan of Microsoft products, but I think everyone must acknowledge the fact that Microsoft has a near monopoly on PC operating systems. This lack of competition has created an environment at Microsoft that lacked concern for continued improvement or attention to its customers. What we're seeing now is the consequences of that corporate culture.

I think my original analysis was correct, and this NY Times article confirms it. Microsoft is in reaction mode, trying to make up for a lack of management and direction.

No comments: